Saturday, August 27, 2016

Super Dungeon: Trying the layout before starting the campaign (&Aliens)

Yesterday I tried the different layout and dungeons pieces I painted. The dungeon pieces are only few of the hundreds of the 2 dungeon kickstarters I received earlier this year.

I had also build rooms using Dave Graffam artwork.

First try, do I really need black mat?



Definitely yes. The contrast is way better.
I realize also that my room are too big, so I cut some in the room in 4 or 6 parts.


Then comes the dungeon part. Using the 2 kickstarters I backed in 2014 and received in 2015 (if I recall correctly). Dungeon World, by Acheson Creation, is used for the corridor area. The kickstarter gave me more than a hundred and some interesting special tiles. Stone Dungeon, by Frontline games, is perfect to simulate rooms.
 I have included the Daedaloom props I won during the last Morikun challenge. I had completed it with an additional order from his eshop on Etsy. I am very pleased of the results.
Daedaloom shop here: https://www.etsy.com/hk-en/people/daedaloom?ref=owner_profile_leftnav
Frontline Games here: http://frontline-games.com
Acheson Creation, here: http://achesoncreations.com

The tavern has a basement where are stored the food and drinks.

This is also where the owner sleeps, next to a door that leads to his treasures.
Behind a wall, the corridors are leading to an abandoned cultists lair.
With a small temple dedicated to some local dark lord.



How did the owner become so wealthy. Is it related to adventures he had as a young man or is it related to the forgotten horrors that happened behind the wall?

Trap or loot?

And to make sure that Morikun is pleased, some pictures of dungeon with Aliens
They are maybe the reason why the temple has been abandoned?



6 comments:

  1. Wow! Really looking forward to this Cedric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am trying to have a time to play the 1st scenario this week. :)

      Delete
  2. Très bien ça !! Excellent même : les aliens, c'est indiscutablement une plus-value XD

    Bravo pour tes décors en tout cas ^^

    Serviteur,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci. Un bordel sans nom de déplacement m'a empêché de faire une partie digne de ce nom

      Delete
  3. Looks very good. I particularly like the way that you've described the purpose of the various chambers, rather than just having a random collection of rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. looking for a lower work pressure to actually play with the terrain :)

      Delete